In the late 1920s, like most churches of that era, The First Church of Christ Scientist, Easton, Maryland, began by holding meetings in the private homes of a few loyal students. On May 11, 1930, suitable rental space was located and Sunday and Wednesday evening services were offered to the public there. In March of 1931 the First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston recognized these students as The Christian Science Society of Easton, Maryland and on February 1, 1945 the Society was recognized as its now official name of First Church of Christ, Scientist, Easton, Maryland. The church was incorporated under the Religious Corporations Law of the State of Maryland in June 1945.
The church contracted with well-known Christian Science church architect, Charles Draper Faulkner, of the Chicago based architectural firm, Falkner and Falkner and built a permanent building at its current location of 501 South Washington Street. The membership moved to its present location on August 1, 1955, where the church services were held in what is today the Sunday School room at 11:00 A.M. and the Sunday School was held at 9:30 A.M. in the same location. The church edifice was completed in the spring of 1967, and the first service was held in the main auditorium on Sunday, April 19th of that year while Sunday School services began being held at the same time in the current Sunday School room. While renovations were made over the years, the church remains very much the same as its 1967 appearance.